Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My testosterone level droped around 125 points in around 40…

Customer Question
My testosterone level droped...

My testosterone level droped around 125 points in around 40 days it was 550 but today I checked it is 428

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

Yes... Burning sensation

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

I think around one month I have been taking vitamin and mineral supplements

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a history of low T levels

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Urology
11/19/2017
Urologist: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well although the values dropped but these are pretty much in normal range. Fluctuations in testosterone levels may result from other illnesses like fever due to any reason, diabetes, liver , lungs or kidney disease . Offcourse it can occur in gonadal or testicular failure. But these are satisfactory numbers , we dont call it low unless the value drops below 300. Hormonal fluctuations can occur due to a number of different factors so just a single value isnt significant anyways.

I hope it answered your query

I have been taking multi mineral and multi vitamins for the past one month.
Can those have an effect???Because it happened only after taking them.....I do have a burning sensation while urinating since around one month now.

Well unlikely to be a result of supplements, these actually help. Factors like alcohol, exercise, stress, obesity and mineral deficiencies like zinc and magnesium usually lead to low T levels. If you have been having burning in urine , i would advise a urine microscopy and culture test to rule out an infection. Take AZO and cranberry juuce to relieve your burning and help the urinary tract lining heal better

I hope it was useful.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor