Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My scrotum was emptied several years ago due to prostate…

Customer Question
My scrotum was emptied...

My scrotum was emptied several years ago due to prostate problems. This pm after showering I noticed bleeding from the scrotum. I need some advice thank you

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

First time and just noticed after showering

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Only that the boys were removed to prevent bone cancer I AM 8y 7ears

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
11/18/2017
Urologist: Ross, Urologist replied 7 months ago
Ross
Ross, Urologist

Hello Dr Ross im a urologist I will try to help

If its bleeding from the surface it is probably a scrotal telectasia which is just a skin vein pressure for a few minutes should stop it. Not much you can do I have lase red them in severe cases but not something i do otherwise

its basically a varicose vein of the scrotum support underwear can help , ie not boxersi

acute or chronic depends on how many bluish spots you have on the scrotum

I hope that helped, you may have just itched them and they bleed

Urologist: Ross, Urologist replied 6 months ago
A varicocele can cause decrease testicle size on the side of the varicocele