Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm trying to get some direction and understanding here. I…

Customer Question
I'm trying to get some...
I'm trying to get some direction and understanding here. I was on Androgel 1.62 four pumps a day but due to the cost of insurance as well as just not feeling like I was getting much of improvement, I've switched over to compounding testosterone cream. So first I started at 8% but that wasn't working out I was still struggling with low moods and feeling emotional at times. So we went up to 10% which at first didn't feel like much but after a month I started to see less low moods and have more energy but the crazy thing here is that I was finding that I had no sex drive and my erections weren't as firm when I'd get them. Which even though I was struggling with low moods, feeling emotional on the androgel, I still had my libidio and no issues with erection strength. So we increased the dosage to 12%. It has only been 3 days and the only change that i've notice is I feel physically hot and last night I woke up drenched in sweat.I trying to get some understanding with what may be going on here. I have turn to reading forums but a lot of it is from muscle bound meat-heads doing IM injections sprouting their theories about what they think is going on like they have a MD and it gets overwhelming from talks of DHT, estradiol, HGC, AI, Clomid, etc. One thing that I do wonder that did grab my attention was that what I may be experiencing from the symptoms I've explained above is that it could be elevated estradiol and I want to know if that is valid reason.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
11/17/2017
Urologist: Ross, Urologist replied 8 months ago
Ross
Ross, Urologist

hello Dr Ross Im a urologist I will try to help. First have you had a testosterone level drawn in the morning to tell you your level because compounded testosterone does not have the absorption of androgel. Second testosterone despite the advertising does not help erections only drive libido. If your level are too high they can have feedback on your own production shutting down your pituitary so advice is get a level before adjusting. EStradiol can be produced when overloading the system

Urologist: urologyguru, Urologist MD replied 8 months ago
urologyguru
urologyguru, Urologist MD
elevated estradiol can cause your symptoms. It’s important to make sure you check your levels with each dose increase.