Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am still not seeming to get any better from an infection…

Customer Question
Hi I am still not...
Hi I am still not seeming to get any better from an infection or problem I have. I have done a full STI/STD test that has come back negative but I still have a sore penis and have a little strange rash/ discolouring at the top of my foreskin..
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
Did you receive the photo?
11/17/2017
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 8 months ago

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having this issue

thank you for your photo

are you able to retract your foreskin completely behind the head of your penis and wash with soap and water daily?

Hi I did an extensive STD/STI test after 2-3 days after potential exposure, it came back completely negative. Is there a need to get retested? I’m 95% sure I wore a condom. I then got a PCR test done early last week and received the results attached. Are these things related to an STI or completely different?
Please find attached
Also symptoms seemed to clear up after 3/4 days but when I stopped take flagyl 400mg twice a day and using creams the soreness has come back
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 6 months ago

no, you don't need to get retested

you don't have an STD.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com