Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

What causes protein in the urine? Levemir Humoloh Victoza…

Customer Question
What causes protein in...

What causes protein in the urine?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Levemir Humoloh Victoza clopegrel ramipril

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Urology
11/17/2017
Urologist: Urodoc, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have any symptoms?

Any medical history?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

I am 71 and female no symtoms Anal cancer 20 yrs ago had blood test and result from my Md

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well Kidneys act as the filter for the blood, and blood filters through the kidneys, creating urine, but keeping all of the protein in the blood. When protein "leaks" through this filter, it can be a sign of underlying kidney disorders.
If there was only a trace amount of protein, then the underlying issue may be minor, or insignificant, and may not be a sign of any kidney disorder. Cold exposure,Emotional stress,Strenuous exercise,Heat exposure,Fever,Dehydration,Urinary tract infections.
Certain drugs can cause such protein in urine.

If the degree of protein is major then further testing is necessary such as a 24 hour urine protein, determination of creatinine clearance, would likely be the next step.

Diseases such as infection of the kidney can cause it to lose it's filtering capacity.

Diabetes, chronic high blood pressure, and other kidney disease can do so also. Treating the underlying condition will help improve this proteinuria.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.

May I help you further?

Waiting for your response.