Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. my current PSA is 4.9…

Customer Question
I was diagnosed with...

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. my current PSA is 4.9 and my gleason score I believe is a 7. I spoke to a dr who specializes in radiation and he believes radiation will enflame my prostate and make it almost impossible to pee since I have prostatitis already. what do you think?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Chronic I have burning when I sit and I urinate a lot. I also take supplements but they help sometimes. antibiotics do not help me because I was told I have non-bacterial prostitius. I am afraid of the prostate removal.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had 4 TURPS in the past at cedar Sinai in los angeles.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
11/16/2017
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Hormonal treatment would be good enough for prostate cancer. in your case.

Radiotherapy may cause problems because of following;

1) Previous 4 TUR-Ps

2) Prostatitis.

Both of these cause significant scarring which may increase by radiotherapy and may cause urinary issues.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl