Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

After 4weeks of having a varicocel surgery I still have my…

Customer Question
Hi, after 4weeks of...

Hi, after 4weeks of having a varicocel surgery I still have my left testicle swollen and the right testicle small but soft with mild pain. My concern is on d left testicle that is swollen and hard also I still feel the same pain I felt before the surgery.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent injuries and the swelling has been after the surgery

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just that I was treated for staphylococcus infection 2years ago

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Urology
11/16/2017
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 9 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

An ultrasound of scrotum and a colored doppler study should be done for the evaluation for the cause of your persisting symptoms. You may take Motrin or other anti inflammatory for about 5-7 days and use a scrotal support meanwhile.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl