Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am expecting a call soon to have a bore scope done on my…

Customer Question
I am expecting a...

I am expecting a call soon to have a bore scope done on my urethra and bladder as a part of a plan to undergo TURP. Will a biopsy be done on my prostate as a part of the TURP or will the biopsy be a separate procedure.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Acute, PSA is normal prostate is huge

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing else relative to this question

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Urology
11/13/2017
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

A prostate biopsy always is part of the procedure. Thus prostate tissue would be sent for biopsy during TURP.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist