Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am expecting a call soon to have a bore scope done on my…

Customer Question
I am expecting a...

I am expecting a call soon to have a bore scope done on my urethra and bladder as a part of a plan to undergo TURP. Will a biopsy be done on my prostate as a part of the TURP or will the biopsy be a separate procedure.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Acute, PSA is normal prostate is huge

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing else relative to this question

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
11/13/2017
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

A prostate biopsy always is part of the procedure. Thus prostate tissue would be sent for biopsy during TURP.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.