Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Is there a relationship between tias and over active

Customer Question
Is there a relationship...

Is there a relationship between tias and over active bladder?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

I'm not. I recently had an experience that my personal physician diagnosed as a tia. On a subsequent visit to my urologist for bladder issues, he told me that what was happening was related to the tia. He had a long name for some complicated condition that was related to a connection between the head and the ankle.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm in good health for my age (82), no heart issues, my weight is 185. I exercise and play golf regularly. But I know that something happened to me about a month ago that sent me to my physician.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
11/12/2017
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

There can be a connection. Yes

If part of the brain that controls urinary control is affected by the TIA, it can be related

does that make sense?

What is the name of the
Condition when this occurs?

It would be called a neurogenic bladder

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply :)