Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Nothing like that. I suddenly had an indentation along the…

Customer Question
No, nothing like that...

No, nothing like that. I suddenly had an indentation along the penis during an erection. I have read the account one case which Dr. Y identified as Peyronie' disease (likely) and mentioned treatment by Trental. However, I cannot detect ANY lump or hardness due to plaque or scar tissue, and there is no pain whatsoever. Also, no trauma or injury.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Yes, sudden, acute.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am 60, have no known cardiovascular issues. I take medication for adult ADHD and depression: Vyvanse,
Effexor, Bupropion, and Buspar. One more observation on symptom: indentation was very pronounced about halfway along the length, and only on left side, the width of about one finger, very much like a "step" shape rather than the smooth shallow curve of diagrams. Tisue there remained as soft as a fully flaccid state, while directly opposite on right side tissue was totally erect! Caused a sharp bend laterally to the left, about 45 degrees. Erections since then have NEVER been that pronounced, yet there is still a much smaller indentation which is always present during erections.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2017
Urologist: Ross, Urologist replied 8 months ago
Ross
Ross, Urologist

hello Dr Ross im a urologist I will try to help

what you are describing sounds likde a peyrones plaque they come in all forms but the hour glass description fits . Some of the plaques can be more internal between the corporal bodies and not palpable but give the curvature

if it does not have pain and there is not to much you can do that is proven to work as far a medications. There used to be about 10 medications recommended but none proven by the american urological association except some ejections of a material to breakdown collagen in severe cases otherwise better off leaving alone

usually surgical correction avoided unless you can not have penetration with due to risk of loss of erections

again if functional leaving it alone best, ***** ***** as many cures as the local snake oil salesman

i hope that helped