Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I have this spot inside my urethra(male). Pretty sure I have

I have this white...
I have this white spot inside my urethra(male). Pretty sure I have had it a long time? Wondering if you had any idea. no pain, no redness, no discharge. I'm trying to figure out how to upload a photo.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Use the paper clip icon on this page to upload your photo

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
its uploading

Got it--thanks

Any idea how long you've had it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
a couple year I believe. could not find anything online about it. maybe ls.
I have had a surgery or to and had a catheter.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
main concern is that I went out of my marriage 2 months ago, and had unprotected oral. worried it could have made me more susceptible to contracting a disease or virus.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i can touch the skin, and it feels just like theother skin in my urethra, nothing wipes off.

OK

It's not any kind of STD--not herpes or HPV or gonorrhea, chlamydia or trichomonas

It looks like a small patch of vitiligo--loss of pigmentation

No specific cause for it but it's totally benign

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
would this make my mucous membrane anymore susceptible than the regular skin?

Susceptible to what please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
main concern is that I went out of my marriage 2 months ago, and had unprotected oral. worried it could have made me more susceptible to contracting a disease or virus...

No--that wouldn't make you any more susceptible to catching any infection

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
awesome.. thank you so much.. Great Work!
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice