Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Need to know if my flaccid penis is small. Not sure

Customer Question
Need to know if...

Need to know if my flaccid penis is small

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Not sure

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
11/7/2017
Urologist: Urodoc, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

What is the length of penis while erect?

Any issues with erection,ejaculation?

Any medical history?

Are you taking any medications?
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

35 y/o
5.5 - 6 in erect but extremely small flaccid like an 1.5 in
Can send photos if needed

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,penis size is primarily governed by heredity.

The average flaccid penis size ranges from 2.5 to 4.5 inches, and the average erect penis is 4 to 8 inches, so you are average size.

Length of the flaccid penis does not necessarily correspond to length of the erect penis; some smaller flaccid penises grow much longer, while some larger flaccid penises grow comparatively less.

So It's considered normal to have small flaccid penis with normal size of penis while erect.

As long as there is no issues with erection,ejaculation,libido then there is nothing serious concern.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

I’m not an expert but I’ve never seen another grown man with a flaccid penis of only 1.5 inches. It makes me feel very ashamed and very very insecure. I know the erect length is what counts but it is still very embarrrsing.

I understand your concern.

And the only way to increase penis size is with plastic surgery or mechanical stretching.

Other online products or penis enlargement products wouldn't provide you results.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

THERE IS A MUSCLE CALLED Pubo Coccygeal WHICH CAN SOMEWHAT BE STRETCHED BY CONTINUOUS EXERCISES

PC Ligament Stretch (PUBO COCCYGEAL) - Work yourself up into a semi erect (Tumescent) state. Create a ring around the penis with your thumb and middle finger. Starting at the pelvis side of the shaft, slightly tighten the finger ring and draw it out towards the head (glans penis). This will pull the blood towards the head and make it extremely hard and full. Hold this position for 5 to 10 seconds and while holding the ring just before the head pull slowly and gently away from you as if you're lengthening the shaft. Do 20 reps, each rep with a 5 to 10 second hold for 5 sets. (Don't make the ring too tight, and don't yank or tug)! This exercise will not only stretch the PC ligament over time but it also help to break up fibrosis (binding scar type tissue) inside the spongy cavity that prevents it's full engorgement and expansion with blood.

It is also true that adult penis size varies considerably from person to person. Just as with any body part, different people will have different penis sizes.

Hope this helps.

I had one nurse that saw it tell me that possibly I had a retracted penis

Are you obese?

Do you have issues with unable to urinate while standing, or even sitting?

History of Infections in the urinary tract and the genital area?

Do you have inflammation of the skin covering the head of the penis

Do you have painful erection?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

I’m a little overweight, no to all the other questions but when I do sit down it completely disappears.

Well as you don't have such symptoms so chances of retracted penis are less as these symptoms are commonly associated with retracted penis.

I would now recommend to undergo ultrasound pelvis to rule out any structural or pathological abnormality.

And if there is any underlying cause then you should seek treatment accordingly from Urologist.

Hope this helps.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.