Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had bladder cancer and my bladder was removed. Now inside…

I had bladder cancer...
I had bladder cancer and my bladder was removed . Now inside my bum is swollen and pains a lot . How long will this pain last ? It's really bad .
10/30/2017

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Do you have pain during bowel motion?

Could you please post a picture of swelling?

lots of pain with bowel movements. Cannot see the swelling its inside.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Is the swelling normal when one has this surgery.

Your symptoms are suggestive of;

1) Inflamed hemorrhoids and/or

2) Anal fissure.

Treatment is not different for both.

This is not common after the surgery.

The treatment of hemorrhoids and anal fissure, is by warm sitz bath, avoiding straining, keeping the stools soft and local application of the ointment like proctosedyl or Preparation-H. Following is the detailed advisory;

1) Avoid constipation by not postponing the urge to defecate; Many over-the-counter options helps speed bowel movements and decrease straining. Duphalac is best. A soft stool helps in decreasing the irritation and associated swelling of hemorrhoids.

2) Eat a balanced, high-fiber diet; Increased dietary fiber of 25-30 grams / day. High fiber cereal can help reach this goal quickly.

3) Drink plenty of water and liquids (about 2 liters a day)

4) Regular exercise; this helps in relieving constipation, if any.

5) Avoid excessive pressure and straining during defecation. Don't sit for extended periods, limit this time as much as possible.

6) Avoid irritant foods, chillies and hot herbs and substances.

7) Warm sitz baths; this is universally soothing for pain and may help decrease the hemorrhoid size. This is done thrice a day for couple of days and then twice a day (15 minutes each time).

8) Local ointments applied in anal canal which contain xylocaine and vasconstrictors (OTC product).

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

is the swelling normal after this surgery. And another thing why does my testicles burn and pain.

The nerves of testicles are affected by the surgery.

This is transient and would go away with the time.

Bladder is a pelvic organ and thus surgery affects the all pelvic organs.

It is privilege assisting you.

Is there any thing I can do for the burning of the testicles and pain.

You can take following;

First-line treatments are;

1) tricyclic antidepressants,

2) gabapentin

3 pregabalin, and

4) topical lidocaine 5% patch.

Second line treatment:

Opioids,

tramadol,

capsaicin cream,

Thank you very much Dr. That was very helpful.

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl