Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I would have a question concerning masturbation? No nomral

hi yes I would have...
hi yes I would have a question concerning masturbation ?
JA: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?
Customer: no nomral yellow when I did not drink much otherwise white
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
10/21/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

What's your question please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it unhealthy to abstain from masturbation too long and not having sex either ? I didnt do for 23 days now and I am not planing on doing it any time soon. My libido seems normal though I have frequent erections.

Not at all unhealthy

But I would let you know that studies have shown that regular ejaculation--say a few times a week--promotes prostate gland health

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I heard about that, that was one reason I wanted to ask an expert. In the articles I read they said that it mainly reduces the risk of man by the age 50 and higher and I am only 22. I had a problem before where I masturbated too often like 5 or more times pers day which did lead to a lot of problems especially concerning my mental health so it is easier for me to abstain completly than trying to moderate.

Abstinence now at your age is fine for as long as you'd like

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you this gives me reassurance I will rate you five stars. Do you get a lot of questions concerning masturbation and is it normal that I somehow connect it with my anxiety and that I always felt depressed afterwards ?

I do get a fair number of them, yes

And it's fairly common to feel the way you do afterwards

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice