Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

Male, age 43, feeling pressure on my bladder and urination

is somewhat painful. What are...
Male, age 43, feeling pressure on my bladder and urination is somewhat painful. What are my next steps toward determining if this could be a prostate issue, or a kidney stone, or something else?
10/10/2017
Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Blood in urine?

Is urine cloudy?

Foul smell urine?

Weak urine stream?

Pain abdomen?

Fever,chills,nausea?

Are you taking any medications?

Any medical history?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Hi and thanks for the help!Blood in urine? - noIs urine cloudy? - a little? I'm not sure. I can examine a sample more closely to see.Foul smell urine? - noWeak urine stream? - no but urination is uncomfortable with mild pain in penis when urinatingPain abdomen? - no, just urge to urinate and also more frequent bowel movements, like the whole area is mildly "upset" (but no nausea)Fever,chills,nausea? - noAre you taking any medications? - yes, for Primary Hyperaldosteronism, same meds for the past 10 yearsAny medical history? - Primary Hyperaldosteronism, which is an adrenal disease...Since how long have you been suffering from? - 48 hours

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,you should initially take some self care measures which may include Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Also take over the counter AZO pills and cranberry juice.

Take OTC Motrin.

You should do warm water sitz bath with betadine solution for 10-15 minutes.

You should avoid spicy,fried food,alcohol,caffeine.

Start vitamin C rich supplement.

If your symptoms'll persist then you need to undergo urinalysis,ultrasound whole abdomen to rule out underlying possible cause including Urinary tract infection,Renal colic from stone,Cystitis,Prostatitis.

If pain'll get worse over the time then visit emergency room.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Thank you.Do you think I should see a doctor in person about this, or is it not sounding severe enough at this point? How long should I wait to see a doctor in person?Does this sound more like a kidney stone, or what do you think?

You can wait for one day and try such self care measures.

Kidney stone or Ureteric stone can be a possible cause if pain is getting worse over the time.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor
Urologist,M.D.
Phone call session started
Thank you. We can close this issue for now! I will provide a good rating, etc.

I wish for your good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Urodoc
Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor