Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My 29 year old son has a left testicle that is the size of…

Customer Question
My 29 year old...

My 29 year old son has a left testicle that is the size of baseball. It's hard and has a lot of discomfort.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

He has not, only pain relievers.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Couple of months, pain reliever does help, but it's still large.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had stones removed two years ago.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
10/7/2017
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What did the ultrasound show?

I have not seen a doctor or done an ultrasound.
I would just like to know what can this possibly be?

This is likely to be hydrocele, which is fluid in scrotum. This requires a minor surgery. Occasionally aspiration can be done.

Rarely this can be a tumor.

Ultrasound would diagnose it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist