Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am suffering three weeks now with uti symptoms and waiting…

Customer Question
Hello, I am suffering...

Hello, I am suffering three weeks now with uti symptoms and waiting for my appt with the urologist. My doctor said there was no bacteria in my urine culture. However I feel like have a uti

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

Not so much pain when urinating, just a bit burning just after pressure around my pelvis and my urine feels very very warming passing

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

A little weak it's going on three weeks.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've had some pretty bad uti's before but thats really it i've also taken levoquin and bactrim but they haven't hlped

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
10/6/2017
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

What did your urine culture show?

30 and nothing showed up on the urine culture. However was i already finished my first round of bactrim which was giving to me before the culture came back. I've also taken levaquin and I am still having symptoms .

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Thank you.

I agree that antibiotic may have altered the culture result.

Your doctor may need to prescribe your Nitrofurantoin for 7-10 days as culture is negative but you have persistent symptoms. This may resolve your symptoms.

You may get a culture test again after 72 hours of stopping the antibiotic to prevent the recurrence and chronic UTI.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I'm waiting for my urology appointment as my primary will not prescribe any more antibiotics. My appointment is not until the 12th. Is there anything i can do in the meantime to control/fight off the infection?

You can take following;

1) Probiotics

2) Vitamin C

3) Cranberry extract

4) Increased fluids

5) Avoid alcohol and caffeine.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist