Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I recently had my appendix removed and now when i urinate,

Customer Question
Hi, i recently had...

Hi, i recently had my appendix removed and now when i urinate, there is air coming out of my penis. It has been doing this on and off since my surgery yesterday. Is this normal?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

It doesnt hurt

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Just the appendix removal yestersay. I did have a catheter in, but i have urinated several times and am still having air come out

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Urology
10/6/2017
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

This is not normal.

There is likely to be gas forming bacterial infection.

You need to report it your doctor immediately.

You would need a culture test and also a course of antibiotic may be injectable).

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Is it an emergency situation to where i should go to the ER? Or should I follow up with my primary care doctor?

This is emergency.

You should go to ER.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.