Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Husband went thru 6 weeks of injections in his bladder for…

Customer Question
Husband went thru 6...

Husband went thru 6 weeks of injections in his bladder for what we were told was a precancerous condition. went back today for a scope and the doctor has said there are 3 red spots, she wants to reexamine him in 3 months could these red spots be the beginning of tumors or what??

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Not sure he had blood in his urine and that is what started all of this. she said the bladder had flaking tissue so she treated him with the injections for 6 weeks and then he had to wait for another 6 weeks for the scope he had done today and this is what we were told. wants to reexamine in 3 months with another scope.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not that I am aware of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

These three red spots can be due to side effects of the injection in bladder.

These would resolve in next three months when next cystoscopy is planned.

If these persists; biopsy would be done.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

but those injections were done over 6 weeks ago and now she is saying that maybe the blood in the urine is coming from his enlarged prostrate. would that be an indication of prostrate cancer. he has not seen any more blood since this all started

Those red spots should be biopsied.

Prostate cancer does not cause bleeding commonly.

PSA and free PSA should be done to rule out prostate cancer.

Also an MR urogram is essential for the evaluation.

i think his PSA has been done and it is ok So if the red spots are still there in 3 months she said something to the effect that she would probably do another round of injections.

Yes, that is the right approach.

With PSA being normal, chance of prostate cancer is extremely low.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl