Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

What can a man do if he's taken viagra and he can't get back…

Customer Question
What can a man...

What can a man do if he's taken viagra and he can't get back to normal?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Lamictal, Lisinopril, Amlopidine. He's never taken viagra and is not enjoying the reaction.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Obesity, Hypertriglyceridemia, Bipolar-Depression, Hypertension, Macro-penis, Renal cysts, Gilbert Syndrome, Gallstones.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

He's never taken viagra. He's finding the results to be very uncomfortable.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Urology
10/5/2017
Urologist: Muneeb Ali, Emergency Medicine replied 10 months ago
Muneeb Ali
Muneeb Ali, Emergency Medicine

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about the patients symptoms. If he has taken viagra and has been experiencing an erection for more than 4 hours then he should IMMEDIATELY proceed to the ER and get treated, in this situation if he does not seek medical attention and drainage of the blood from the penis it can lead to permanent damage to the penis.

But if it has been less than 4 hours then he can try the following measures,

Try masturbating, in some patients after climaxing the erection may settle down

Drink more water, drinking more water can help with the elimination of the drug

If they dont work then it is best to proceed to the ER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, this is extremely important, viagra can cause permanent damage to the penis and it can also cause headaches , blurred vision among many otherside effects if its effects last for more than 4 hours. The longer the effects last the more the chance it will cause problems.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/