Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Ripped skin from urinary meatus to frenulum. Uninary hole is…

Customer Question
Ripped skin from urinary meatus...
Ripped skin from urinary meatus to frenulum. Uninary hole is larger. Should I be concerned? No other issues other than larger hole. Will it keep tearing?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Urology
10/4/2017
Urologist: Urodoc, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Do you have swelling,pain,redness on affected area?

Please upload a picture to review.

Itching?

Pain and burning sensation during urination?

History of injury or unprotected sex?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Age 34
No pain
No swelling
Possible light red color
Recently had dry intercourse and also slipped out
Unprotected sex
Noticed uninary hole got bigger few weeks ago
hypospadias surgery when I was a infant
No pain or burning when peeing
No itching

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,if it's ripped very small then you can apply OTC Bacitracin ointment on affected area twice a day.

And it 'll heal by it's own.

Avoid sexual activity for a while.

However if it's long and deep enough then the problem with try to treat these by yourself is that often times when these seemingly simple injuries heal they cause strictures in the urethra (narrowing or complete closure of the urethra) making urination extremely painful and difficult. If the stricture is severe enough, urinary tract infects can become frequent and simple surgery may need to be done to correct the stricture.

I would strongly advise you to see a Urologist for further evaluation and management.

And he will be able to carefully and gently clean and close the injury and ensure that it heals 100% properly with no future problems.

Also antibiotics can be prescribed if it seems inflamed.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

How long to let it heal? With no sexual activity?
Also will polysporin ointment work?

It may take 1-2 weeks.

Keep it clean and dry and apply betadine solution first and then polysporin ointment can be applied.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

How many times a day to apply betaine and polysporin?
Would a picture of it help out?

Yes,please upload a picture.

Sent

Please allow me just few minutes.
I’ll reply you back soon.
Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

I do think that the skin from urinary meatus to frenulum is injured and torn from dry sex.

A larger urinary hole may not cause any immediate complication but you should consult a urologist especially since chances are its healing may be slow.

You said to consult with a urologist? I thought I was talking to you? I'm kinda confused. What should I do?

Sorry for confusion.

I recommend to consult your nearby urologist in person to treat it with surgical intervention at doctor's office.

In the meantime you can use betadine and polysporin.

Hope this helps.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.