Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has been having urinary problems for the past…

Customer Question
My husband has been...

My husband has been having urinary problems for the past three months since having had cryotherapy treatments. Developed two strictures and had surgery one week ago. Has been wearing a catheter since and has not been able to empty his bladder. Another catheter was inserted yesterday and now they are trying to find out why he is not able to empty his bladder on his own. What is going on and what are they planning on doing now?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

I would say the problem is acute. Prior to the cryotherapy for the cancer, he did not have any such problems.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He is a 76 yr. old male with severe arthritis of his back and is constantly is a lot of pain. Has hx. of total hip replacement since 1967. Has hx. of cardiac problems but is controlled with medications.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Urologist: DrRussMd, Board certified internist replied 10 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

There is no way for someone not part of his team and not his doctor, who has not examined him, to say what is going on or what his team is doing.

Perhaps we can think of possibilities.

What was his surgery for exactly?