Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had problem for 5 months. it is now very yellow but…

Customer Question
Hi i have had...

Hi i have had problem for 5 months.

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

Hi it is now very yellow but it burns and burns surrounding skin. Initially doctor gave me an internal because the vagina and the bowel was playing up. The pape test came bac that i have strep b (or c i think he said b, the one you get as a sore throat) in vagina so gave me antibiotics, i had 3 lots, the symptoms disappeared from bowel completely and the vagina it sems to be located in the immediate entrance bit only,whicn is sore. But my urine has just got more scalding. I have to put a ice cold water bottle there to reduce heat for comfort

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

I dont seem to have a fever. I have a underactive thyroid take thyroxine and statins. But 12 years ago i visited a gynae and found a fibroid growing in wall of uterous. I had similar symptoms which are cant lift anything heavier than my handbag otherwise it feels like something has droppe inside and really uncomfortable down there and to walk, also feel need to go uringe after i have just been. Now those symptoms reoccur if i lift something but have reduced all except for the burning which has got worse.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No all ok

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
10/3/2017
Urologist: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

This looks like a prolapse associated with secondary bacterial infection.

Whenever you lift something you feel like something as dropped inside : This may be causing a vaginal wall prolapse issue .

Has anybody looked into this as yet till date ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

IT took 4 months for my doctor to send me for a scan and when i got to hospital i drank 1 pint before and a pint when i got there but i was the last appointment and she said that she did not have the time to do the scan, so she did a insertion of a prod tool of some kind, she said that she could not get that far up to see the ovaries and would send the results to doctor. I phoned today to book and he is on holiday until 17th October, so i will not know the results until then..
I had 3 courses of antibiotics and a steroid cream for the outside of vagina and vulva urine area. Do you think i need to see a gynae consultant or a urogynae consultant

Thank you for your email .

Yes you would need to see the urogynae consultant for the best approach to your case.

please do let me know if you have any further queries .

do yu think i need to have another ultrasound scan which i have not had to see if the fibroid has grown bigger, as the other thng that i had measured it but a ultra scan i feel would tell more like what the prolapse is, where it is and if it is. Or it could be a rupture/hernia or could it just be swollen because of infection and no prolapse.

Thank you for your information .

A transvaginal ultrasound would be the best approach.

It can be also a swelling secondary to the infection.

Prolapse needs to be checked for.

Hi that is what i had but she said she could not get passed fibroid to see ovaries so do you think i should ask my doctor if i could get the other scan too thanks

Yes definitely other scan will help. A CT scan also is an option

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned ?

If you Agree with what I have mentioned, would you like me to release the rating service application on your page so you can leave me a feedback for my opinion provided