Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a history of hematuria. But lately after my

Customer Question
Hello. I have a...

Hello. I have a history of hematuria . But lately after my systoscopy I have instances of blood in urine . Specially when I have bowl movement. Lately I have been constipated aswell.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Good . No symptoms or what so ever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

CT shows couple of small kidney stones in right kidney

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
Both Ct scans and Cystoscopy is clear. I have notice blood when I put pressure durig bowel movements . This morning I notice blood in urine. Start drinking water and seems to have gone. There was shooting pain by the shaft area ..if I could describe any better .
10/2/2017
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 8 months ago

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having repeated blood in your urine

what did your cystoscopy show in your bladder? where is this blood coming from?

you may have an abnormal blood vessel possibly in your bladder wall which bleeds which you are constipated or straining to have a bowel movement.

are you able to take laxatives and stool softeners and take in more fiber to prevent constipation?

I am going to try laxatives now . My urologist did not say anything abnormal in cytoscopy . I m thinking it has been happening more after cystoscoy but usually microscopic .just windering if there is wound or sonething .

a cystoscopy could have rubbed the inside of your urethra which can cause some irritation

drinking more water, avoiding alcohol, caffeine, can help

avoiding constipation should help

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, MD