Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just got my Microalbumin results back and it is at 522…

Customer Question
I just got my...

I just got my Microalbumin results back and it is at 522 Yikes what to do ? I have been told that I am pre diabetic

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I used to drink a 5th of Vodka a day for 6 or 7 years. I have stopped for some time now. I only have one kidney due to cancer back in 2000

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Not sure

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Urology
9/27/2017
Urologist: DrRussMd, Board certified internist replied 10 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

What you do is see a nephrologist, kidney doctor, or good internist [kidney specialists are internists that only do kidneys].

This result indicates very early renal damage.

You reverse your pre diabetes with the correct diet.

And make sure the blood pressure stays low, possible with a medicine called an ACE inhibitor, or ARB.

So, see your doctor about this now.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed