Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I've been having a problem with my erections I went soft…

Customer Question
I've been having a problem...
I've been having a problem with my erections I went soft inside my girlfriend twice other than that we have been having great sex for months I haven't had a problem getting a erection or having sex. The issue is during the day I feel like a limp noodle and even trying to maturbate it doesn't wana get hard. I've been waking up with morning woods but the feeling during the day worries me. I had my test levels tested and thyroid tested and all is normal, this issue have been on and off for a month or so
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Are you on any medications?

30 no meds

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

For an healthy individual like you, this should be not worrying. The most important thing is that it a single erection problem plays in the mind. This can give in the back of mind a performance anxiety and you start watching yourself more closely. This close scrutiny of yourself can loose the concentration from the sex and you get a bit softer. Please remember sex in not in organ but in mind. Once you start enjoying it you will regain the same strength. Nothing happens suddenly in sex, it is like sports, sometimes you excel and sometimes you are mediocre. If your partner is part of all this understanding you would be back to your best. Don't put yourself under the scrutiny and just start enjoying it. Things should come back to normal.

You may need psycho sexual therapy which helps to reduce performance anxiety, develop the new sexual skills and knowledge, modify negative sexual attitudes, and improve communication between both of you. Involving the partners in the counseling process and psycho sexual therapy helps dispel misperceptions about the problem, decreases stress, enhances intimacy and ability to talk about sex, and increases the chances of successful outcome.

Still if you feel that problem can be organic; you may consider to consult a urologist who would advise you the following investigations;

1) Testosterone levels which is normal.

2) LH estimation

3) Thyroid function tests

4) duplex ultrasonography

5) Ultrasonography of testes

6) angiography

7) penile nerve test,

8) snap and strain guage test,

9) penile biothesiometry.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I've talked with my girlfriend and she is very understanding our sex has been great even with the problem but once we finish I think back to the time I went soft and fixate on it then it's like starting over again with the process I feel like I give myself anxiety

Yes, I am certain that your symptoms are due to anxiety of failing because it has happened before.

Please do not worry at all.

You have otherwise normal erections.

So just relax.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist