Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Like an I experimented with jelqing I only did it for 4 days…

Customer Question
Like an idiot I...

Like an idiot I experimented with jelqing I only did it for 4 days 10 minute sessions took one day off and then did it two more times. I noticed unusual feelings in my penis that wouldn't go away it still gets erect but when I have sex I don't last very long. It's very sensitive now and it feels a little different . should I stop having sex and worried to tell my wife because she would get upset with me that I experimented with jelqing will my penis eventually get better or will my penis always feel this way now. Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Acute I think

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Urology
9/25/2017
Urologist: DrRussMd, Board certified internist replied 10 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Have you seen a urologist?

If so, what findings?

What recommendations?

No

OK

So there is no way to tell how much damage you did without exam.

And without that assessment no way to tell you if this will get all the way better, or how long it will take.

Percentage wise, it is most likely that you did minimal damage, and that you will recover. If minimal nerve damage however, it can take months.

You need to see the urologist as there are medications that can help with the sensation.

An if there is correctable damage, it needs to be correct now, not later, as it can be permanent.

See your doctor asap, or go to an urgent care, and they will get you the right follow up as needed.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.