Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a Hydrocele of about 10 cm. It has grown steadliy…

Customer Question
I have a Hydrocele...

I have a Hydrocele of about 10 cm. It has grown steadliy over the past year. There is no pain but it is becoming uncomfortable just because of its size. I have seen a Urologist and all they want to do is operate. I do not want surgery at this time. Are there any other treatment options? thank you.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had hernia surgery on the other side about 3 yrs ago. I'm 63 yrs old and exercise a fair amount

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Urology
9/23/2017
Urologist: Dr. Chip, General Practice replied 10 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

An alternative to surgery would be to aspirate the fluid from the hydrocele with a syringe and needle and injecting a sclerotherapy solution to scar the hydrocele sac itself

So you should ask a urologist about that

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank you
Is there any convenient way to find a Urologist who is willing to do this procedure? I've spoken to a few and so far all they want to do is surgery

Any urologist can do the procedure and you just need to ask one of them for it

If that one refuses then ask him to refer you to one that will

ok. thanks

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you