Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Had oral sex about a week ago and now with dysuria and

Customer Question
Hello, had oral sex...

Hello, had oral sex about a week ago and now with dysuria and redness at tip of penis? No discharge noticed or fevers

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Acute

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

None

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Urology
9/22/2017
Urologist: DrRussMd, Board certified internist replied 9 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

If you gave oral sex, this would not relate.

If you had oral sex given to you it can be infection.

YOu need testing to diagnosis it and have a correct treatment.

any doctor's office or urgent care.

I am not sure what your questions is. If this did not answer it, let me know.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Had oral sex given to me. I understand the need for an eval, what testing would you recommend or what type of infection does it sound like to you?

There is absolutely NO way to tell without testing.

Possibilities are:

irritation of the urethra without infection.

infection of the urethra

bladder infection

prostate infection if male.

Any std can happen with oral sex, although less often.

Warts, herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc.

please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.