Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I suffered penile trauma during the act. Ever since I've had…

Customer Question
I suffered penile trauma during...
I suffered penile trauma during the act. Ever since I've had discoloration & weakness & a bend on the right side. I have seen a urologist and he diagnosed it as Peyronies disease, then I saw a second and he said it's a penile fracture. I can live with either/or. The discoloration is in patches, and I can provide pictures of the condition. It's driving me crazy. Blood is probably trapped in the penis (high flow priapism??). The left side is overly sensitive, while the right is not at all. I have trouble urinating now. It is never a straight stream, always two streams or three. The sensitivity on the left side of my body is too much.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Urology
9/22/2017
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Tony,

Are you sure; penis snapped during intercourse?

Please provide pictures?

I'm trying to add more pictures...I have a bunch

Okay. Thanks.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

https://penisguy6669.imgur.com/all/
Did you get the pictures?

It says images failed to upload.

I could see the picture which you directly uploaded.

My initial answer is;

Go to a urologist working at an hospital attached to the medical school. He needs to do;

1) A colored doppler study to assess the blood flow.

2) Nerve conduction velocity study to assess the nerves.

These will ascertain the damage.

These would determine the course of the treatment.

A surgery may or may not help you.

If there is a scar; there are various treatment available, which can decrease or resolve the bending and discoloration.

https://imgur.com/a/btqBF
Here is an album I just created with the pictures. Hopefully it works this time.

Yes, now I can see them.

Please allow me some time and I will get back to you.

I saw all the pictures.

Is there significant pain or bending on erection.

Can you perform sexual intercourse?

There is slight bending to the right, however the urologist didn't feel any plaque. It feels mid shaft right side like some serious trauma happened. I can perform sexual intercourse, but my libido has dropped. sensitivity on the right side has dropped significantly. The left side feels overpowered.

Thanks Tony.

You may get the investigations we discussed.

At this point of time, you may be conservative about the treatment. Following oral therapy may be tried for at least 6 months.

1) Vitamin E

2) Colchicine

3) Potassium aminobenzoate

4) Tamoxifen citrate

5) Carnitine

6) L-arginine

7) Pentoxifylline.

My recommendation would be Vitamin E and L-arginine.

Avoid any invasive treatment like shock therapy or any injection.

It is privilege assisting you.

that's it? And if it doesn't improve? What is it?

I am sure this would improve.

There is a scar tissue; which does not have normal blood vessels and nerves. These should grow back in 6-12 months.

Avoid vigorous sex.

Once the tissue reorganize; the nerve and blood vessels would grow and near normal elastic and spongy tissue of penis should be able to regenerate.

There may be slight deficit remaining, but many times, it can be almost normal.

Was this helpful to you?

It's been 2 years since this happened. So, I would suspect the scar tissue is permanent. I don't think this will be improving at all.

Tony,

Any invasive treatment, disrupts the normal tissue regeneration. So this was the reason I mentioned, not to do any injection or shock wave therapy.

In last two years if any invasive treatment had been done; this may have affected the healing.

Our experience is that if you try to remove scar tissue by surgery, it further rebuilds.

So conservative treatment helps.

Ok, I only did one partial treatment with the shockwave therapy. I had him stop midway because I didn't feel good about it. I've tried every drug under sun and nothing has helped. I've been taking the pentox for a while, the vitamin E. I'll try the other medications except the potaba. If it isn't too much trouble, could you explain why Tamoxifen citrate would help?Please tell me what these big uncomfortable red itchy patches are please? It's beyond irritating

Tamoxifen citrate blocks the growth factor which may reduce scar growth and even resolve it.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
Thank you. One last question if I may.Please tell me what these big uncomfortable red itchy patches are please? It's beyond irritating. Especially on the left side of the head?

You are most welcome.

These are due to capillary leak which irritates the skin and initiate inflammation.

You may apply hydrocortisone 1% skin cream which is over the counter.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Hope you consider a positive rating for my time with you.