Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a very tender head and constant bad smell of my penis…

Customer Question
I have a very tender...
I have a very tender head and constant bad smell of my penis and have been having severe unitary hesitance and trouble getting and keeping an erection for several months. 2 infection urine tests came back negative, blood tests are all fine, ultrasound on kidneys bladder urinary tract and prostate all fine. Digital rectal exam all fine. I have no pain or burning when I urinate and my anus has also been inflamed for the same period. What could this be? I have also noticed a major increase in feeling hot all the time and my armpits are abnormally smelly due to increased sweating.
My doctors can't seem to identify what the issue is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
9/21/2017
Urologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Here are all the symptoms you are describing:

• tender penile head
  • constant smell from the penis
  • urinary hesitance
  • problems with erections
  • inflamed anus
  • feeling hot
  • foul odor from armpits
  • increased sweating

All these are likely related to a hormone imbalance possibly caused by dietary changes. Usually bacteria grow in moist areas such as armpits and the skin folds of the penis.

It's not the kind of bacteria you can take antibiotics for. Changing your diet around for a few months might change the smell and rebalance your hormones.

Is there something you were worried about in particular?

Mostly the urinary hesitancy. My flow is interrupted and I leak heavily after I finish. I might spend 5 to 10 minutes squeezing out little squirts of urine and when I think it's all out I still leak afterwards. It somewhat feels like it's blocked along the shaft of my penis

The next step there would be to have a cystoscopy where a camera is inserted to view the urethra, you might have a stricture due to various causes.

That is what my urologist has requested but I'm a bit scared of it

I can understand your hesitation to do it.

How long has the urinary issue been going on for? I think you mentioned a few months.

Is it getting worse or better or staying the same?

It's probably getting worse. It's especially bad when I sit on the toilet to poop than it is when I stand up. I should also mention my penis seems to always be retracted and firm like when your cold
I noticed the problems around january

So I would advise you to have that cystoscopy if it's getting worse.

That will help you understand and reverse the cause.

Is it painful

You would be sedated for it so you most likely won't feel it at all.

If they aren't going to sedate you then it's quite unpleasant.

Be sure to ask to be sedated.

Urologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago

Please click on "Rating" when ready.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD