Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 70 and I have repeated uti. I have gone to the dr every…

Customer Question
I am 70 and...

I am 70 and I have repeated uti.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have gone to the dr every time they do a urine culture it is positive then I take antibiotics e very day meds are norvasac metformin actos synthroid

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Urologist: Dr Josh, Physician replied 9 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

This can be reccurence of UTI.There are certain risk factors which make more prone to reccurence of UTI like kidney stones,narrowed urethra, not drinking enough fluids,sexual intercourse.

Reccurence of UTI are very common.You need again complete urine examination along with urine culture (clean catch) to know the exact bacteria & then take the treatment accordingly.

As you have history of diabetes,so this also makes you more prone to UTI.

Following will help you greatly:

-Drink either unsweetened blueberry juice or unsweetened cranberry juice.Try to drink at least 2 to 4 glasses of cranberry juice a day.

- Make this at home: add 1 teaspoon baking soda to a glass of water as it may help ease your infection. The soda neutralizes the acidity in your urine, speeding along your recovery.

infection.

- Drink plenty of fluids & water to flush out the bacteria via urine.

All this will help you greatly to keep symptoms of UTI at bay.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh