Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I have been having a very strong urge to urinate and lower

pelvic pain. Sometimes the...
I have been having a very strong urge to urinate and lower pelvic pain. Sometimes the pain goes into my leg and I feel weak. I have also been waking at night to go urinate. I have been in menopause for 2 years and the lower pelvic pain is a dull crampy pain like you have during your period. I am having a clear discharge. I sometimes see cloudy urine, but no pain urinating. But the crampy feeling and urge to urinate is getting worse. This has been happening for 3 days
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Motrin seems to help the pelvic pain. Some swelling in pelvis near uterus, just like you get if you have your period.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had UTIs in the past and a kidney infection about 6-7 years ago.
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Were any investigations done?

55 years old. No I haven't gone to the doctor yet for this issue yet.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Yhank you
Thnx

Several organic and functional disorders of the urinary bladder, reproductive tract, anorectum, and the pelvic floor musculature can cause your symptoms.

The swollen area you feel, your past medical history of UTIs and a clear discharge indicate following possibilities;

1) Urinary tract infection; a urine exam and a urine culture is advised.

2) Pelvic inflammatory disease; a vaginal swab is advised.

A course of antibiotic should be able to resolve these symptoms.

You may also consider an ultrasound for the evaluation to rule out fibroid uterus or an ovarian cyst.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you

You are very welcome.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thank you, ***** ***** questions.

Wish you a very speedy recovery.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist