Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Recently had a kidney stone removal, and the stent was

Recently had a kidney...

Recently had a kidney stone removal, and the stent was removed a few days ago. Today while having a MB, I noticed (wipe) that my urine had a small clot and was pink ish.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Just since Tue/Wed.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

So....acute Not at this time

9/17/2017
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Any other symptoms?

What is your question?

I've had a time getting my guts moving again, and KUB indicated I was constipated (duh) and therw was no indication of stone fragments.
Passing small about of blood after pushing during a bm

Yes, well you have to inform your doctor.

But where is the blood coming from

anus or bladder?

Bladder. I ALSO bought an OTC UTI strip...which shows positive
Probable UTI? I know; need urine & blood

Yes UTI is possible.

You should go to urgent care.

Such infection can ascend to the kidneys, then that becomes a real problem.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed

DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist
Thanks!