Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Do nurses and doctors in the emergency department keep thing…

Customer Question
Do nurses and doctors in...
Do nurses and doctors in the emergency department keep thing secret and with out telling friends
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Urologist: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

are you asking about keeping secrets about patients?

yes. all medical staff in the US are legally required to keep patient information confidential (secret) under the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) law passed in 1996. There are monetary fines for disclosing patient information without their written consent.

does that help answer your question?

I've had info got out about me somehow don't know how told. It came from the er

Sorry to hear that. I can understand how that would be very frustrating.

I would talk to the hospital then. They would have someone in administration that would follow up on that. With electronic Medical records, they can easily see who accessed your medical records and if they had a reason to that was directly related to your medical care.

It was to make fun and make a joke of me

sorry to hear. I think your best course of action is to contact the patient services department at the hospital and they can follow up and investigate your complaint?

does that make sense?

Do you have any further questions?

If not, I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD