Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a lymph node removed I'm my Groin recently and now I…

Customer Question
I had a lymph node...
I had a lymph node removed I'm my
Groin recently and now I have swelling in my oenis under the head and some hard veiny cord things down my penis shaft
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Urology
9/15/2017
Urologist: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 9 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I do have a few more questions if that is ok?

how long ago was the lymph node removed and what was the reason for removing it?
When did the swelling in your penis start?
Have you seen or called your doctor about this problem?

I had the lymph removed about a month ago, I had it removed for a biopsy and everything came back fine, it kind of started on and off about 2 weeks ago, I seen a doctor in the emergency room he said it looked okay and should settle down on it's own but it's gotten a little worse
Ok, thanks for those answers.
Since lymph node biopsy was a month ago, and having worsening swelling into the penis, would recommend that you either see the doctor that did the lymph node biopsy or your regular doctor.
I'm in camp and won't be home for 10 days do you think it is urgent? Also I can send a picture if
You like
Do you have any fever or chills?
No fever and no chills
Any history of STDs?
No history of stds I was tested a year ago and my gf was tested and we have been together for 2 years, I also had a ultra sound of my testicles 1.5 months ago and that was all fine, Do you think it's possible
I have blocked lymp channels and that could be the cause of the hard veiny tubes under the skin down my oenis shaft
Most likely residual edema from the biopsy, so most likely ok to wait. However if increased pain, swelling, redness or fever then would see your doctor sooner.
Ok thank
You very much for the help
You're welcome!

Did my response answer your question?

If so,

I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.