Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have severe burning when I urinate. Although initial urine…

Customer Question
I have severe burning...

I have severe burning when I urinate. Although initial urine testing indicated possible infection, later cultures did not bear this out. It was suggested that I continue taking the antibiotic prescribed for me anyway. I did and found some relief. Now weeks later the pain has returned big time. Does prostritsis

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Several weeks, not anything significant.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My last PSA test went through the roof from 4.3 to 7.3. But I understand the

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Urologist: Dr. Chip, General Practice replied 11 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

What antibiotic were you prescribed and how long did you take it?

Not sure of name, I will try to find it. I took it for 10 days.

No need

It sounds like a case of prostatitis--prostate infection

Usually it takes a month to six weeks of an antibiotic like Septra DS or Cipro to clear that completely so if I were your doctor that's what I would prescribe for you

Please let me know if you need any more information