Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had sigmoid colon resection surgery July 18. Have had a…

Customer Question
I had sigmoid...

I had sigmoid colon resection surgery July 18. Have had a urinary retention problem and a catheter since July 21. I took urodynamics testing on August 15, and cannot get the results from my urologist. Asked for another doctor but don not have an appointment until Nov.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

I don't know but would say chronic. I have had an enlarged prostrate for several years and taking alfuzosin and finasteride but don't think either worked.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Can't think of anything offhand

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
9/11/2017
Urologist: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

Is your question about the urinary retention or the colon surgery?

do you still need help with this question?

My problem is with urinary retention. Yes, I would like to have an answer.

ok, thank you for your response.
And you still have the urinary catheter in currently?

Would you still like my help with this question?

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist