Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

About two weeks ago I was on my period and my urine started…

Customer Question
About two weeks ago...

About two weeks ago I was on my period and my urine started to trickle instead of a steady flow

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

No pain, just pressure when I try to urine, guess it's trying to come out fast urine is clear

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

About two weeks ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No other symptoms

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Urology
9/11/2017
Urologist: Urodoc, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Do you have cloudy urine?

Foul smell,itching,burning sensation,pain during urination?

Increase urgency for urination?

History of unprotected sex?

Are you taking any medications?

Any medical history?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

I am 54 years, urine is clear, no pain, itch or burning, no increase in the urge to go, I take Levithyroxine, and I was married until 2004 and recently started dating someone older

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,possible causes may include Female Voiding Dysfunction,Overactive bladder,Mild case of cystitis.

You should do Kegel exercises.http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/womens-health/.../kegel-exercises/art-20045283

Also hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids,cranberry juice.

Try AZO pills.

An urinalysis should be done for a precautionary measure to rule out infection.

Avoid very spicy,fried food for a while.

See your doctor if your symptoms'll persist.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.