Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have ic and prostatits. soak arousal or masturbation

Customer Question
I have ic and...

I have ic and prostatits. Sexual soak arousal or masturbation without ejaculation seems to worsen my urinary urgency. Could masturbation without ejaculation worsen prostatitis?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Had been a chronic issue for 8 years.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Was diagnosed in 2015 with ic based on glomerulations found during cystoscopy.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
9/9/2017
Urologist: medicaldoctor, Urologist replied 8 months ago
medicaldoctor
medicaldoctor, Urologist

Hello and welcome to justanswer,I'm happy to consult you today

Masterbation and sex with ejaculation is a natural process and it should not be interfered with.

Do not masterbate without ejaculation as this can harm the ejaculatory system and aggravate the prostatic problems you are already having.

I hope this helps.

Do let me know if you have any queries.

Thank you

Regards

If you have any confusions do let me know,I'll be happy to answer.

If done for now please do leave a positive 5 star rating by clicking on the stars on top left of this thread.You can ask any follow up questions even after rating this positively.

Thank you

Its just that this contradicts what other urologists on this very site have said.

Masterbation without ejaculation or stopping ejaculation is not advised.

Any comments on this other physician's response?

Do you have any pre ejaculation problems?

Since it is making your urinary urgency worse,So you should refrain from it for some time to look if it gets better or not.

Thanks. I've read that this is just one of the possible symptoms of interstitial cystitis.

If you have an active infection like interstitial cystitis or prostatitis,you should be taking antibiotics for it.

What tests have you had?urinalysis?ultrasound?

medicaldoctor
medicaldoctor
medicaldoctor, Urologist