Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Experience:  Years of experience with general surgery and urgent care
18722459

Every once in a while (First thing in the morning only)

Customer Question

Every once in a while (First thing in the morning only) after urinating, there are 1-3 small dark specks in the bottom of the stool. When fished one out it crumbled easily. No sympoms, pain or otherwise. Coyld this be bladder or kidney stones. Maybe salts or calcium? Urine sample was normal at Dr's office.
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Acute
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. The only prescription I take is peilosec daily 20 mg
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 month ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

What color are these?

And how large?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Black and very small. Less than the size of a bb. I have no symptoms and I am able to urinate normally with no odd color of urine. It happens when I don't drink an adequate amount of water. They are generally hard but one did crumble when I rolled it between my fingers. Urine sample came back normal.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 month ago.

Did your doctor check for stones with a ct scan of the abdomen?

And did he have a comment about this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No CT scan....Only comment was keep an eye on it and if symptoms begin or quantity or size increases come back. It is intermitten....
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 month ago.

OK

Those definitely sound like uric acid kidney stones but as long as you pass them no real problem

But I would get the ct to see if you have a larger one in the pelvis of your kidney

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, thank you. Is there anything that can help break them down if there are larger ones? Apple cider vinegar/water solution? Aloe Vera juice? Thoughts on the value of ingesting those products for overall health?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 month ago.

The apple cider vinegar is a good idea

I'd also suggest magnesium supplements