Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I need to find a Urologist that will place an interstim

Customer Question
I need to find...

I need to find a Urologist that will place an interstim device for incontinence.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No! I am on nothing for the incontinence.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had spine surgery 4 years ago and had the L4 and L5 removed.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Urology
9/9/2017
Urologist: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

So you havent tried any medication for incontinence at all ? I would recommend using anticholinergics like oxybutynin, benztropine ,solifenasin etc prior to going for Interstim.

Patients that are candidate for InterStim therapy have either failed medications for their bladder (anticholinergics), or have a medical contraindication to taking medications.

Do you have any more queries?

The anticholinergics were not effective
No

So if medical options failed then interstim is an effective solution for sure. Do you have any queries about that ?