Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had TURP for BPH surgery two years ago and never had a…

Customer Question
I had TURP for...

I had TURP for BPH surgery two years ago and never had a problem re an ejaculation, however after the surgery I can no longer reach a climax. Is this a temporary side effect? My MD never discussed potential side effects after this surgery. Thanks,

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Spoke with my internal medicine health care provider and did not provide any information. I am not on any medication.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

None. I am 71 years old and never had any problem with this type of side effect in my entire life.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Urologist: Dr. Chip, General Practice replied 8 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Have you had this evaluated and treated in any way?

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist