Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

My Dr wants to preform percutaneous nephrolithotomy or

Customer Question
nephrolithotripsy, I'm a bit...
my Dr wants to preform percutaneous nephrolithotomy or nephrolithotripsy, I'm a bit nervous about it How do I find the best Dr to do this?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have - I've gotten a catscan Ultrasound I have bilateral kidney stones I've had them in the past Now there seems to be too many to do the lithotripsy (excuse my spelling)
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: I suppose it's chronic since I've had lithotripsy done 4-5 xs in the past
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He knows everything I have type 2 diabetes and high BP and am on medications for this I'm not overweight at all
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Urology
9/6/2017
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

are you near any large university hospitals?

I am near Vassar hospital in Poughkeepsie NY

I was thinking more like NYU or Columbia

I am not near them
I've had lithotripsy in the past at Columbia
Both Diabetis and BP are under control

Ok good. If you are looking for the best, ***** ***** going to get better care at a larger university hospital. That is where I would go

I will look into it This is minimally invasive but of course there are always concerns
Well there is NY presbyterian - Hudson Valley hospital

Yes, that would be my choice

the urology department there

http://www.nyp.org/allenhospital/clinical-services/urology

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor