Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I do have a problem leakage of urine after pooh, normal

Customer Question
I do have a...

I do have a problem leakage of urine after pooh

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

Normal color and no pain

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Its from about 8 or 9 years now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, the case is just after pooh i stay for like 15 min to half an hour to get some urine drops out

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Urology
8/13/2017
Urologist: DrRussMd, Board certified internist replied 11 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Are you male or female?

What is your age?

Male

Your age?

31

And have you seen a urologist?

was not good

Sorry, what do you mean

What was the diagnosis?

They gave me antibiotic as i have kind of microb

OK

So you had prostatitis?

i think, and as i explained before after pooh i stay like 15 to half an hour pushing some drops of urine, its with everytime after pooh

OK

So this means that the prostate problem is not resolved.

You need to go back and ask about this.

Prostatitis can become chronic and very difficult to treat.

Also, you need a cystoscopy if that has not been done, where they look directly into the urethra and the bladder to make sure there are no strictures or other problems.

You also might need a short scope looking into the rectum as well, to examine if there is any other obstruction.

Chronic prostatitis is often non bacterial as well, and is part of pelvic pain dsyfunction syndromes, and this requires pelvic floor physical therapy to help.

OK, let me know if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Any ideas what medicine to take

There is no medicine that is going to fix a structural problem like a stricture, which is why you need further intervention.

There is no good medicine for chronic prostatitis. If the prostate is enlarged, then there are medicines such as flomax to increase urine flow.

A comprehensive approach is needed.

please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.