DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
24257177

I do have a problem leakage of urine after pooh, normal

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i do have a problem leakage of urine after pooh
JA: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?
Customer: normal color and no pain
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: its from about 8 or 9 years now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no, the case is just after pooh i stay for like 15 min to half an hour to get some urine drops out
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Are you male or female?

What is your age?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Male
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Your age?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
31
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

And have you seen a urologist?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
was not good
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, what do you mean

What was the diagnosis?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They gave me antibiotic as i have kind of microb
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

OK

So you had prostatitis?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i think, and as i explained before after pooh i stay like 15 to half an hour pushing some drops of urine, its with everytime after pooh
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

OK

So this means that the prostate problem is not resolved.

You need to go back and ask about this.

Prostatitis can become chronic and very difficult to treat.

Also, you need a cystoscopy if that has not been done, where they look directly into the urethra and the bladder to make sure there are no strictures or other problems.

You also might need a short scope looking into the rectum as well, to examine if there is any other obstruction.

Chronic prostatitis is often non bacterial as well, and is part of pelvic pain dsyfunction syndromes, and this requires pelvic floor physical therapy to help.

OK, let me know if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any ideas what medicine to take
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

There is no medicine that is going to fix a structural problem like a stricture, which is why you need further intervention.

There is no good medicine for chronic prostatitis. If the prostate is enlarged, then there are medicines such as flomax to increase urine flow.

A comprehensive approach is needed.

please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.