Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I noticed random microscopic bumps on my shaft about a week…

Customer Question
I noticed random microscopic...

I noticed random microscopic bumps on my shaft about a week ago. They are skin colored and not itchy, nor are they painful. They appear to be receding as the week goes on, however I am worried about what they may be. I have one partner

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

This has lasted 6 days now. Nothing appears to make it worse. I have been using soap more thoroughly every day and they appear to be receding into nothing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have one sexual partner. Previous sexual partners (all female) have recent std testing completed and are all clean

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Urology
8/6/2017
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 11 months ago

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

microscopic means you need a microscope to see them.

these bumps don't sound like they are sexually transmitted.

you may just be feeling hair follicles or skin pores on your skin.

Microscopic meaning I can barely see them. I should have used a better word. To give a reference they are the size of a pinhead

these sound very small

you want to upload a photo of them

they sound like skin pores or hair follicles.

they don't sound dangerous.