Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

My partner is experiencing bladder difficulties that

Customer Question
Hello, My partner is experiencing bladder...
My partner is experiencing bladder difficulties that resemble a UTI which we have confirmed that she does not have. She is now having unusual discharge from her urethra. We have an exam to on Tuesday with a urologist to try and determine what the problem is but this new symptom has her very worried. Could you speculate on what the problem may be and let us know if we should book an emergency appointment? Neither of us have been sexually active apart from each other and I'm not experiencing symptoms so I'm not sure that it's an STI.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Urology
8/5/2017
Urologist: Dr. Chip, General Practice replied 5 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

What sort of discharge please?

Viscous fluid.
Thank you for your time.

Clear or does it have a color to it?

It's white / cream according to her.

OK

This sounds like a vaginal yeast infection--not any STI and nothing too serious

She can try over the counter Monistat or Lamisil for now to treat it

If by chance that doesn't work the urologist can prescribe oral Diflucan to take care of it

Please let me know if you need any more information

I don't think it's the case since her primary symptom is pain while urinating. She doesn't seem to have any of the other symptoms (itching, swelling). Perhaps it would be best to wait for the exam Tuesday. Thank you

My pleasure

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice