Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

It burns when I pee, and negative for UTI, STDs, when I

Customer Question
It burns when I...

It burns when I pee, and negative for UTI, STDs , when I drink a lot of water it feels good, but after food and juices it burns like a rip at opening, pee shooting in 2 directions and spraying at times. Doctor gave me Elmiron, only helps a lil, but pee feels good after drinking water on empty stomach, but after a while not peeing and eating, it burns and shoots different directions at times. No pain anywhere on my body.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Been this way for over a week

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My family doctor knows my whole history

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
8/5/2017
Urologist: DrRussMd, Board certified internist replied 8 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Do you have intersitial cystitis?

Your gender

age?

Don't know, never had any problems, I am male just turned 39
Doctor referred me to urologist, I see one at end of month
I don't do phones because I am hearing impaired

Why are you on elmiron, it is used for interstitial cystitis

just started taking it, doctor said it should help, but doesn't know if I have it, pee still burns as same as i explained above, just helps a lil.

What type of doctor?

What is your prostate exam like?

Haven't had one yet, I go see urologist on the 23rd.

OK

Chronic prostatitis and even chronic prostatitis pelvic pain syndrome is more likely.

You need a urine culture right after the prostate exam, to see if there are bacteria.

But there does not have to be.

This can be a part of a pelvic pain syndrome, and you need to discuss this with the urologist.

A combination of medication and physical therapy would be needed, unless there are bacterial that can be treated which are found.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMd
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist