Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Red blood & clots in urine the last three times. I went from…

Customer Question
Red blood & clots...

Red blood & clots in urine the last three times. I went from one flowmax pill to two yesterday. I also started cephalexin for an infection yesterday. Any connection with the meds & the blood?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Fair. I completed the last of the chemo treatments involved with bladder cancer 3 weeks ago. Dr says I have BPH and will operate next month. The flowmax is just to help me make that month.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

That's all that seems related to the issue. I take a statin and synthroid.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Urology
8/4/2017
Urologist: Dr Josh, Physician replied 9 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age?

Do you have pain during urination now?

Dribbling of urine?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

Flomax actually does not cause blood to appear from the urinary tract itself.

As you are diagnosed with BPH & are going to operate next month,so this taking of two pills of flowmax may have just aggravated/uncovered the underlying cause.

Cephalexin is not known to cause blood in urine or any such related side effect.

This is not a dangerous or serious side effect.

I advise you to discuss with your doctor & your dosage of flowmax may be reduced back to one pill.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician