Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My husband had kidney stone removal surgery last Friday. Had…

Customer Question
Hi. My husband had kidney...
Hi. My husband had kidney stone removal surgery last Friday. Had very narrow urters (the tubes). Had lots of pain and discomfort from the stents.
Felt better by Tuesday went to work and bang stopped peeing only trickling blood. Doctor took stents out. An hour later keeled over worse pain ever. Went to er gave him morphine and cat scan said it is now 6 ml. I thought it was supposed to broken into fragments at surgery. So the surgeon says it's not 6 ml it's a bunch of fragments that formed a line in the urter! Well which is it. Do we do surgery tonight to remove fragments or let him pass it. One guy says he can try and pass them and they will prescribe heavy narcotics the other one says surgery but he'll have stent discomfort and be in pain and doesn't like prescribing pain pills! Now what!!
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
Urologist: Dr. Chip, General Practice replied 11 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Just to check here--was the original stone removed?